Can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be?
- Charles Bukowski
The term Walkabout comes from the Australian Aboriginal. The idea is that a person can get so caught up in job, labels and duties that the truly important parts of who they are, become lost. A downward spiral occurs as one gets farther and farther from the true self. It is at this time (they believe) that one must go on walkabout. All non-essential possessions are left behind and one starts walking. The journey goes on until you meet your truest self.
What Is The Walkabout
The Walkabout is a 12 or 6 month, on-line immersion using creativity as a tool for self-discovery. It is a sacred journey you take from your home into the most ordinary parts of life by unwinding down to your core and the wisdom that is innately yours, because it is you.
We invite you to join us as we commit to being real, vulnerable and open using art, movement and words to meet our lives as they naturally unfold. It’s an online adventure of creative self-discovery with no plan or playbook, just some art supplies and the willingness to show up - just as we are.
Details and Pricing:
12 months $350/6 months $250/3 months DIY $100 (Sign up any time)
- Support: 3 monthly emails from Sarah and Steph sharing their journey with you along with some creative and somatic prompts and individual connection with them personally in a private email or 30 minutes online via Zoom.
- Connection: Monthly 2 hour Zoom studio group sessions with Steph and Sarah – giving you the chance to talk about the prompts and to do some creating.
- Balance: Weekly 1 hour Rise and Shine on-line silent studio sessions Sunday mornings
- Community: Connection with other members in a closed Facebook group
Care to DIY your Walkabout? You can now receive 3 months of our emails without personal contact – your own private Walkabout (Option 3 in our drop down menu below)
Who walks about:
- Anyone ready to create real and sustainable change in their lives (a monthly check in with us is required).
- Anyone ready to meet the alive and sacred space in themselves, using process art as a way to reach it.
- Anyone with a desire to cultivate the ordinary sacredness in their daily lives.
- Anyone who believes image, metaphor and symbols offer deep healing.
- Anyone ready to discover who they were before the world told them who to be.
What People Are Saying:
“I feel like this is a safe space. And I feel like it’s a BIG space, big enough for all of our humanness and weirdness and lostness and foundess. You are with me through the freak-outs and stumbles, and you are also there cheering me on with my successes. Going down into the darkness and coming up into the light, there’s room for all of it.” – Brenda
“Your words of support , encouragement , validation and options have brought tears of gratefulness to my eyes. I am taking your words in, much more than I ever have – which is growth I am sure. As you know, risking and trusting leads to vulnerability, which is scary but part of the life that I am searching for and little by little I believe I am creating that – wow.” – Michelle
I can't imagine even trying to get through the next year without my little art community to help remind me who I am! - Randee"The real work seems to come after the realization, the practice and for me something that has been very hard, the willingness to be alone with my feelings of uncomfortable. I have some big work to do yet.To really go inside when I want to rush out, to dig deep in to my own crevices to find the calm and certainty." - Carla“I love you two. I have these amazing conversations with you daily and strongly feel your presence. I like being held accountable to myself…I know you’re not doing anything but showing up as you are…and that encourages me to do the same.” – Flay“I find this so wonderful! By hearing your letters to each other, we feel connected and less alone.” – Justine“It’s there, present in me throughout my days, even when my days are crazy.” – Heather